zaterdag 11 februari 2017

Landscapes



                                                     Landscapes can be very different (2015 and 2016)


Above: oil on canvas 70*90cm




oil on canvas 50*60 cm (above)


oil on canvas 50*60cm


40*60cm  oil on canvas    (above)





During painting, I discover that I am not at all the typical classical landscape painter.
Not by far. To me it works best if I approach the subject as if it is a toy scenery. Or in a way, rather a collection of objects that catch the light in a way distance seems to be created.
Robert Kipniss is a painter I discovered a couple of months ago (2016).
Although his style is totally different, I think he approaches the subject (and objects) the same way.
Anyway, it is not about absurdism at all for me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten