zaterdag 2 augustus 2014

Full Color #1



This is one of the earlier works I started in the "Full Color" series.
At a certain point, I was suddenly through with stories and symbols.
It didn't work out any longer in my head.
So if I wanted to keep on painting, I had to find something new to do.
And I did.
Colors!
I have always been very much interested in Fysics.
Once, on the job I had to make a led-light color mixer.
Using light, goes as follows:
Adding colors (frequencies) gives brighter light (finally white).
Using paint, adding colors brings gradually darker colors (till you get black-of a kind).

Therefore, you can put it like this:
What the painting did not "eat" of the energy that was send to it, it reflects to th eyes of the looker.
That is also, why dark paint gets so hot if exposed to lots of light.
It absorbs all the energy.

The colors that I use are of a very small collection.
*White (but as little as possible)
*Yellow : The only color of which you need only one kind of yellow.
And that is of cours pure yellow.
It has no red or blue in it. It works perfectly to make any needed mix.
*Red needs a variety in blue and one in yellow.
There does not seem to exist one kind of red that is neutral.
*Blue needs also a variety in red and one in yellow.

Now it is the purpose to mix these colors as little as possible.
And if they are mixed, it will be only in the first degree.

Black is never used.
If I need black, I compose it with the other colors.
In that way you get a range of blacks.
And yes: it is easy to see what kind of color dominates.
But still it is black as black can be.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten