zaterdag 2 augustus 2014

Full Color #2



A photographer who was helpfull in taking the pictures (Jean Pierre Van Rumst) did a good job.
But in this collection of colorfull paintings we soon realised it wasn't going to be easy.
So we choose a smaller collection to show you.
BECAUSE: in this collection there is only one story to tell: color.

I try to avoid oblique lines.
There aren't very much ways of composing left following that path.
Also was it never my intention, to make a kind of Mondriaan.
Although in this one you can't but to refer to it.

The big difference is that the structure on which I paint is very bumpy.
I add layer on to layer.
Each layer is added each time more to the top of the bump and each time covering a smaller surface.
That way, all the different colors start to work together, without realy mixing them.
They actually vibrate as one color.
It gives the possibility of creating colors that I cannot mix with wet paint.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten