donderdag 7 januari 2016






Old and new.
Overwhelming colors seem to return. Still all of my paintings are made with a very small variety on the palette. The trick is not to mix a lot of grey to a mixture that's even greyer . More vivid color appears when colors are added upon each other without mixing. And a bit of craft to do it the right way (I've been experimenting for years). There's been a period where I didn't want any symbolism in the paintings. That's when you get abstract. And if it is not allowed to get any tension in the image then you get a mondriaan like rectangular grid. But with an explosion of color (see older paintings on this blog.
Since the beginning of 2015 I returned to Figurative work. Doing so, it is almost impossible to leave symbols out. But I am doing my best.

Theo Buys born 1964 living in Belgium

For more info on my paintings: contact me via   missionaris@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten